How to obtain your Shopify Token
Short Demo of “How to get your Shopify Token?”
Here are the steps to get Shopify token:
Step 1: First you need to login to your Shopify account.
Step 2: Once you logged in, you need to click on the “Apps” option.
Step 3: Coming to the next, you need to click on Manage Private Apps.
Step 4: Now, you will be able to see the below page and here, you can create a new private app by clicking on the “Create a new private app” button.
Step 5: Here, you need to enter all details Like app name, emergency developer mail, etc. There is a need to take access to various APIs like products, orders, etc which will be required for this project API call otherwise it is not able to fetch/create products, orders, etc.
Step 6: After clicking on save, you will get a page as shown below.
Step 7: Now, you need to click on the “Show” link of the Password field.
Step 8: Now, you will be able to see code at the Password field and this code will be your Shopify access token.
Step 9: Here you need to give various access. In the below screenshot under ADMIN API PERMISSION, there are three points.
- Fulfillment Services (View or manage fulfillment services)
- Inventory (View or manage inventory across multiple locations)
- Order editing (View or manage edits to order)
- Order(View and manage orders, transaction, fulfillment, and abandoned checkouts)
- Product Listing (View or manage product or collection listing)
- Products (View and manage products, variants, and Collections)For all the six points, you have to give a Read and Write Permission. Then you need to checkbox under STOREFRONT API PERMISSION which says
“Allow this app to access your storefront data using storefront API” And “Read products, variants, and collections.”
Note- It is compulsory to give access to the above permissions.
This is the complete process of obtaining Shopify Token. Now you have connected your Shopify store with DisConnect, you can go back to DisConnect & can perform other steps. If you have any query then you can contact us at email@example.com