Field Mapping Feature From Discogs To Shopify
DisConnect allows you to map your Discogs products fields to your Shopify products fields and once you’ve performed the mapping, Disconnect will automatically send the Discogs products to Shopify accordingly.
Note: By default, we have set the mappings for you, in case if you want to change anything, you can always do it by following the below steps mentioned,
You will have to follow the below steps in order to set up the Field mapping –
(A): Navigation – The Shopify Field Mapping section can be found under the “Mappings” section of the left panel.
(B): How it works – You will find various data fields of Discogs at the bottom of this section. These are dynamic shortcodes that can be used to map your Discogs data to your Shopify fields. You can map multiple Discogs Shortcodes (data fields) to a single field of Shopify. These Discogs Shortcodes can be copied with a click & they can be pasted in their respective target Shopify fields.
1. Shopify Title: The Shopify title has a character limit of 255. By default, we’ve added.[Artist] – [Title] ([Format]) ([Media condition]).
2. Shopify Tags: The tags in Shopify are generally added in order to make it easier for customers to search and navigate on the website. Also, to use as collections which in turn can be used as menus on the website.By default, the tags we’ve added include: [Genre], [Style], [Format]
3. SKU: The Stock Keeping Unit on Shopify. As it’s recommended to keep it unique, we’ve added [Listing ID] by default. You’re also free to use [Location], [Release ID], etc. Please be sure not to include any descriptive shortcodes like [Notes],[Comments],[TrackList], etc in shorter fields.
4. Vendor: By default, we’ve mapped the shortcode [Label]
5. Shopify Meta Title & Description: By automating the Shopify Meta Title & Description, your products will automatically rank on google as they’re search engine optimized & will appear on searches when a user searches for them. By default, we’ve set your Title as Buy [Artist] : [Title] ([Format]) Online for a great price.
And Meta Description as : [Artist] : [Title] ([Format]) is available for sale at our shop at a great price. We have a huge collection of vinyl, CDs, Cassettes & other formats available for sale for music lovers.
You’re free to customize it to your liking.
6. Barcode: By default, we’ve mapped your Discogs Product’s [Barcode] to the Shopify Barcode. Other suitable titles might include [Barcode and other identifiers], [Catalog No], [External No], etc.
7. Cost per item: You can send the numerical value of Discogs to Shopify’s “cost per item” field, by using the short-codes, [External Id], [Comments], and [Location].
8. Description – The Description field in Shopify can be customized unlike other fields with our editor. Meaning, you can modify the texts by making them bold, italic, underlined, etc. Or customize them with HTML, etc. This is the field where you can include your long descriptive shortcodes like [Notes],[Comments], etc. Also, the video shortcode can be included as part of the description. The video shortcode can be customized more to your preferences by altering the value of X in the shortcode show=X. Where X denotes the number of videos you’d like to show from the respective Discogs listing. The dimensions of the video can also be customized in the shortcode as long as the aspect ratio is maintained.
For your information – the Discogs Shopify Field mapping affects your entire range of products that are going to be synced from Discogs to Shopify. Should you wish to change the mapping for a particular product, you’re free to do so on the product details page of a particular product in the “Products” section on the left panel.
Note – In addition to the Shortcodes, you can also add texts to all the fields which will be mapped for every product. By default, our template has various Discogs fields & texts added.
Once you’re done setting up the field mapping, proceed with your other settings like category mapping.